The Bakken is booming and perhaps your wages are too, but there are still many ways to save money. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an extra $1,000-$2,000 dollars every month? Here are some simple ways to save cash every month:
- Bring your own lunch to work. Most people do not realize that when you pack/make your own lunch, you are saving huge bucks! For example, if you spend $7.00 on lunch each work day (20 days) then you are spending an extra $140 dollars each month.
- Buy your soda/water in bulk. When you spend $1.50-$2.00 dollars a day on a pop or water you could be overspending by up to 50%. This alone could save you $25 dollars.
- If you can walk, then do so! Gas prices in the Bakken area are inflated because of the boom and you could be spending an extra $.25 a gallon. That amount can add up over time!
- Cook your dinner after work. Trust me, I know this is tough, especially after a long day at work, but preparing your own meal could save you over $300 dollars! A typical dinner at a restaurant, after the tip, is going to average around $20. Save that cash for a rainy day and cut back by a night or two.
- Turn your lights off, shorten your shower time and only run the A/C when it is really hot. This is a no-brainer as these utilities can weigh heavily on your monthly expenses.
The main thing to remember is not to be too frugal. Go have some fun every once in a while, but save when you can so there is money around when you really need it.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.