The fall can be a chilly time as snow, sleet, hail and cool wind gusts can blow across the state. We want to make sure you stay warm and safe this fall and upcoming winter so we came up with some quick tips to staying toasty in the upcoming months:
- Keep an extra sweatshirt, gloves and hat in your vehicle. You never know when you could get stuck, so it is important that you prepare for the worst.
- Wear a hat and gloves when you leave the house. Up to 80% of your body heat can leave through your head and hands. Keep them warm!
- Dress for the occasion. It can be tempting to “tough it out” if you are going out for the night because you do not want to carry a coat around. Don’t risk it. Keep the coat with you, just in case the temperature takes a turn for the worse.
- Purchase some quality boots for yourself. Trust us, the snow will come and when it does, you will be happy your feet are dry and warm.
- Keep your cell phone charged. You will want to make sure your phone is working if you are unable to get to your destination.
- Tell someone (family, friend, etc) if you leave and where you are going.
Stay warm and safe!
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.