How much do you know about Switzerland? They make a pretty awesome watch and their chocolate is quite delicious but beyond that, we did not know much about the country. A little online research revealed some interesting facts on the country that is landlocked in Europe:
- A majority of the population, roughly 63%, speak German
- 7,925,517 people live inside the Swiss borders, according to a July census
- The literacy rate is 99%
- Switzerland’s capital is Bern
- The national holiday is on August 1 and it celebrates the founding of the Swiss Confederation
- The president of the Switzerland is Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf
- National GDP is $ 344.2 Billion
- There are more than 1,500 lakes in Switzerland
- Over 60% of Switzerland is covered by mountains
Switzerland is an incredible country and if you are ever in central Europe make sure you tour their beautiful mountains and terrain.
This information was gathered from the CIA World Factbook.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.