The cold, winter months can often wear on your personal health. The days get shorter, temperatures drop and driving all the way to the gym can take twice as long. No argument there! Luckily, there some exercises you can do at home that burn calories, take little or no space and are not massive time wasters.
- Wall Sit- Whether you are cooking, cleaning or just watching TV, find a sturdy wall and push your back up against it while you slide down until you are knees are at a 90 degree angle. 3 sets of 30 seconds should make the legs burn!
- Body Weight Squats- These are simple. Spread your legs about shoulder width apart and put your hands behind your head. Squat down to a catcher’s position while keeping your back straight. 3 sets of 10 should do the trick.
- Dishes Sit-ups/Pushups- Everyone in the house starts with 50 sit-ups and 25 pushups. Every time a chore is completed by a certain time a pushup or sit-up is removed. Do this after dinner and watch the kids hustle to clean the table. The hurrying makes everyone a winner!
- V Sit-Ups- Lie on your back and put your legs up at a 45 degree angle. Perform a sit-up, but reach your hands past your knees and towards your toes. Complete 3 sets of 20.
- Spider-Man Push Ups- WARNING- these are not easy. Get in the pushup position. Each time you go down take alternate legs and bring your knee up to your elbow. Hold the position when the knee reaches the elbow for 2 seconds (this means only 3 points of your body will be touching the ground). On your way back up return that leg and when going down, use the other. This is a great total body workout. Perform 3 sets of 5(each leg.
Do not perform any of these activities if you are injured or are not cleared for physical activity.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.