The cold January weather can make it difficult for kids to go out and play, so we found a fun activity for those bitter days. Not only are these easy to make, but they are inexpensive:
- 1 sheet light blue construction paper
- 1 sheet white copy paper
- Brown acrylic craft paint
- Glue stick
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Lay white paper sideways (landscape) and cut the paper in half using a curvy cut. Place paper across the light blue construction paper. Use the glue stick to attach it to the bottom third of the blue paper. Use scissors to trim off any excess white paper.
- Paint child’s palm and fingers with brown paint. Have child spread out his/her fingers then press his/her palm and fingers down onto the paper. Wash off child’s hand.
- Use finger to paint on a “tree trunk” under the palm print.
- Use the glue stick to apply glue to the fingers (branches) and snow (white paper). Sprinkle all glued areas with granulated sugar. Carefully lift paper and tap off excess sugar over the sink or a piece of wax paper.
- Use glue stick to draw dots or small circles onto the blue paper, sprinkle with sugar again and tap off excess.
This information was gathered from the following site.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.