Like shrimp? Then we have the recipe for you. This Apricot-Glazed Shrimp is quick, easy to make and full of flavor. Try whipping up this delicious meal for you and the family tonight:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, preserves, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
2. Use a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe was found at the attached site.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.