The toothpick has been around for hundreds of years, but many of its best uses are unknown. The toothpick is a very versatile household item as it can used for all of the following:
- Heal a Plant- When the stem on your plant bends use a toothpick as a brace. Simply tape the toothpick to the stem and let the plant heal. Remove when the stem is strong enough to stand on its own.
- Leak No More Garden Hose- When you garden hose has a small hole, put a toothpick in the hole and remove the excess. The water will make the toothpick swell and plug the hole.
- Glue Stick- If you are struggling gluing items together, use a toothpick to apply small amounts of glue to trick areas.
- Fruit Snacks- The next time your kids have friends over, bring them a bowl of fresh cut fruit with some toothpicks. Have them grab the fruit of their choice with a toothpick to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
- Save Salad Dressing- Instead of removing the entire seal from your salad dressing, poke some holes in the foil or plastic with a toothpick. This will help you from using too much!
There are many more uses on this Reader’s Digest site where this information was found.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.