Fire up the stove and grab your favorite shrimp for this week’s awesome dinner recipe. These delicious Sautéed Shrimp Tacos are ready in minutes and are sure to please any hungry family member!
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (from about four garlic cloves)
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, stems discard, leaves chopped
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, quartered
- Pour the canola oil into a large skillet set over high heat. When just starting to smoke, add the onions and stir. Cook until they just start to turn soft, stirring constantly, about one minute. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are mostly pink.
- Add the butter, jalapeño, and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until the garlic is very fragrant, about one minute. Season with salt, and cook until the shrimp are completely cooked, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, and stir in the parsley.
- Spoon a little of the shrimp filling into each tortilla. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Heat a second skillet over medium heat. Add as many tortillas as will fit in one layer, and warm them a few seconds on each side until soft. Set aside and cover with a towel. Repeat until all the tortillas are warm.
This recipe was found at the following site.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.