Stuck at an airport with nothing to do? That was my situation this last weekend as a blizzard rolled through the upper Midwest and I had to find different ways to stay busy. Here are some ideas for your next lengthy airport layover:
- Sketching- Grab pen and paper. Try sketching the different things around you: people, signs, planes, etc.
- Workout- This may seem a little weird, but pickup your bags and walk around for about 20 minutes. You don’t have to sweating like crazy, but if you are stuck there, you might as well do something positive for your health.
- Stretch- Most of us never have time to stretch on a daily basis, but you should try whenever you get a chance. Stretching can reduce muscle cramps, increase flexibility and could improve your overall health.
- Guess Their story- If the kids are getting restless then tell them to make up scenarios for why random people at the airport. See who can be the most creative.
- Hot Wheel Car- Take a windup car from home and twist it until it is fully wound. Before you walk to your gate, set the car down and watch it go! The kids will get a huge laugh watching people step out of the way for the little car.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.