Wraps are great. Adults love em’, kids love em’, everyone loves em’! This week’s quick dinner recipe is the Turkey, Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap. These are easy to make and unbelievably delicious. Give these a try tonight!
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh (see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (see Shopping Tip)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 8 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 8 ounces)
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
- Shopping Tip: Look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
This information was found at the attached site http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/turkey_corn_wrap.html.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.