It is quite tempting to pick up canned sauce and pre-made meatballs when making spaghetti, but fight the urge this week and try making the entire meal from scratch. We know the word “scratch” often scares people as it can mean hours of prep time for one meal. Breathe easy tonight as we found the perfect 30 minute recipe for you!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a bowl, combine Parmesan, parsley, garlic, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add beef and breadcrumbs; mix gently. Form into 16 balls.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium. Add meatballs, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover partially, and cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and return to pot; add meatballs and sauce, and toss gently. Serve with Parmesan.
This recipe was found at the attached site.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.