Work Snacks 101
We all know that time of the day when our stomachs start grumbling. Lunch is hours behind us, fatigue starts to set in and we need some sustenance to get us through the rest of the day. Unfortunately, we often turn to unhealthy choices: chips, pop, candy and other fatty or sugary snacks. These food items, although tasty, can bring on more hunger, less energy and even extra weight. Stay healthy this week and try a few of these simple alternatives:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich– A pretty obvious choice. The key with this snack is to buy healthy peanut butter. It may cost a few dollars extra, but the numerous health benefits outweigh the price difference.
- Almonds-These wonderful nuts are packed with protein, or energy, and are a healthy alternative to a majority of vending machine snacks.
- Apple or Orange-The natural sugars in fruit can help propel you through the end of the day.
- Protein shake-Protein shakes do not have to cost you an arm and a leg. There are a multitude of affordable options at your local grocery store. Most of these powders can be mixed easily with water and they come in a variety of flavors.
- Simple sandwich– What is a simple sandwich? It is meat, a slice of healthy cheese and bread. Stay away from mayonnaise, mustard and other condiments. A small sandwich should give you enough energy to type a few more emails before the final bell rings.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion.