We are back and ready to bring you some fun new posts this year! For starters we thought we would kick this off with a fun fact: It costs about twice what they are worth to produce nickels and pennies. So the next time you have that change in your pocket remember that there is more to it than meets the eye. Also, a fun post-Christmas recipe: Left Over Turkey Casserole Ingredients:
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 eating apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried sage, or 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 400g-500g leftover turkey, shredded
- about 350g leftover roasted vegetables like roast potatoes, parsnips, celeriacs and carrots, chunkily diced
- Fry the onion and apple in the oil until softened in a casserole or deep pan. Stir in the sage for 1 min, then stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the stock followed by the mustard and honey.
- Bring up to a simmer and stir in the turkey and roast veg. Cover and gently simmer for 15 mins until turkey is piping hot. Season and eat with mash or jacket potatoes.
At Ryan Motors, vehicles may be our profession, but people are our passion
Enjoy! This information was found at: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1826709/leftover-turkey-casserole-